I have no doubt that by mid-2008, Indian Cricket team would have undergone a major change. No I do not think there would be any retirements till that time, but I just checked the workload on the Indian Cricket Team, the schedule till mid-2008 and the number of matches boggles the mind. I have no doubt there would be multiple injuries due to this jam-packed schedule.
Check it out:
- Mar – Apr ’07: World Cup
- May: Tour of Bangladesh
- 2nd week of June: Afro-Asia Cup (Since this is in Chennai & Bangalore, I expect most of the matches to be washed out)
- July – Sep ’07: Tour of England
- Sep ’07: 20-20 World Cup
- Oct/Nov (not sure of date): Pakistan comes to India for 3 tests and 5 ODIs
- Dec ’07 – Mar ’08: India’s tour to Australia & some other thing as Indian team returns only on 8th March
- SA comes to India (I did not check the dates)
- Asia Cup in Pakistan (I did not check the dates)
Indian Cricket Team is sure overworked. They are humans, not robots – they deserve a break!